💛 A quick favor, if you've got a second.
We're really happy that you chose to read one of our stories and sincerely hope you'll stick around to read more. We took our paywall down — for now — but that won't last forever, and when the gate goes back up, we'd love for you to already be on the inside.
It's free. So please enter your email here and don't forget to like and follow us on all of your favorite Social Media platforms!

An Israeli settler shooting left a Palestinian teenager dead and another man wounded Friday following a rock-throwing confrontation in Sa’ir, a community north of Hebron in the occupied West Bank, according to Palestinian health authorities. The deceased was identified as 17-year-old Karim Sanad Raja Shalaldeh, whose father told reporters at the medical facility that settlers were responsible for his death.
Israeli military officials stated that troops moved to the area after Palestinians hurled rocks at Israeli civilians present without authorization. The military said some Israelis sustained injuries during the encounter, prompting a security officer to discharge a weapon. Meanwhile, Palestinian civil authorities reported that Fathi Khazem, 58, was fatally shot by Israeli forces in Jenin early Friday.
An Israeli army spokesperson, speaking anonymously per military protocol, claimed Khazem attempted to stab a soldier during an overnight raid and that he was the father of Raed Khazem, who conducted a shooting attack in Tel Aviv in April 2022. No Israeli soldiers were reported injured in the incident.
West Bank violence continues to escalate, with Palestinian officials documenting at least 87 Palestinian deaths from nearly 1,500 attacks by Israeli settlers and soldiers so far this year.
Turkey’s Justice Minister Akin Gurlek announced Friday that the country is pursuing an international arrest warrant through Interpol against Netanyahu and another Israeli national connected to the May interception of international vessels attempting to breach Gaza’s naval blockade. The red notice relates to an Istanbul court case involving 35 defendants tried in absentia on charges including genocide and crimes against humanity.
Netanyahu responded on social media, assailing Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan as an “antisemitic dictator” and dismissing Ankara’s legal efforts as ineffectual. The Israeli leader detailed what he characterized as Erdogan’s human rights violations and alleged harboring of terrorist organizations.
The World Bank projected Friday that Lebanon’s economy will contract 6.4 percent this year as the Israel-Hezbollah conflict that commenced in March reversed gains from the previous year’s 4.2 percent growth. War-related destruction and tourism declines have compounded Lebanon’s economic troubles, which began with a 2019 banking sector collapse.
The international financial institution also forecasts significant inflation increases stemming from supply chain disruptions, elevated shipping expenses, and rising crude prices, further eroding consumer purchasing capacity across the country.
More Stories
University of Kentucky Athlete Pleads Guilty in Infant Death Case
Remains of Missing Manhattan Woman Discovered Outside Las Vegas
Trump Administration Targets Three Daily Space Launches by 2030 in Competition With China