Ravens Acknowledge Rashod Bateman’s June Domestic Violence Arrest in Georgia

💛 A quick favor, if you've got a second.

We're really happy that you chose to read one of our stories and sincerely hope you'll stick around to read more. We took our paywall down — for now — but that won't last forever, and when the gate goes back up, we'd love for you to already be on the inside.

It's free. So please enter your email here and don't forget to like and follow us on all of your favorite Social Media platforms!

Share this story:


✉️ Email


💬 Text

The Baltimore Ravens announced Friday that they are aware of receiver Rashod Bateman’s arrest in June stemming from a domestic violence incident in Georgia. The team said it has maintained contact with the player and notified the NFL of the matter. League spokesman Brian McCarthy indicated the case remains under league review.

In a statement, the Ravens said: “We notified the league office and have been cooperating throughout the process. As this is a pending legal matter, we will not have further comment.” The team declined to provide additional details given the ongoing nature of the legal proceedings.

According to reports, Bateman was arrested after breaking a window of a vehicle driven by the mother of his child, who had a 3-month-old inside at the time. Court documents indicated the incident occurred around 6 a.m. on June 6. The arrest warrant stated Bateman used an object to shatter the driver’s side window, with resulting glass fragments causing multiple small cuts to the woman’s face.

Bateman’s legal team said the receiver surrendered to the Walton County sheriff’s office the same day of the incident. A judge later granted his request to modify a no-contact order after the victim stated she was willing to communicate with him. His attorney, Jordan Siev, characterized the situation as a misunderstood personal matter. “It is unfortunate that a personal family situation has been taken completely out of context for sensational reasons,” Siev said. “We will let the court process play out and the facts will come out at that time.”

Bateman, 26, signed a three-year extension worth $37 million last year following a career-best performance of 756 receiving yards and nine touchdowns in 2024. The Minnesota college product, a native of Georgia, saw his production decline significantly last season with 224 yards and two touchdowns.

Share this story:


✉️ Email


💬 Text